Blog Post Written By Chamber Member SCORNIK GERSTEIN LLP
SPANISH START UP LAW: DIGITAL NOMAD VISA, TAX INCENTIVES, ENHANCEMENT OF BECKHAM LAW AND BENEFITS FOR INVESTORS.
On 22nd of December 2022, the Spanish Parliament approved the ‘Ley 28/2022, de 21 de diciembre, de fomento del ecosistema de las empresas emergentes’, or commonly known as the Start-Up Law (SUL).
SUL seeks making Spain a leading destination country for innovative companies and digital nomads.
SUL is an ambitious piece of regulation bringing innovative measures at multiple levels, such as corporate, tax and immigration.
To provide a response to the important legal implications introduced by SUL, Scornik Gerstein LLP has launched a hub, led by its Managing Partner Antonio Arenas, where his team of expert lawyers will provide advice on the following key areas:
SPANISH DIGITAL NOMAD VISA:
– Who qualifies for the Spanish nomad visa?
– Where must a digital nomad working from Spain pay its taxes?
– What tax reliefs are available when investing in Spanish start-ups?
– During how many tax periods could I benefit from those tax incentives?
– Which companies qualify for the tax incentives provided by SUL?
ENHANCEMENT OF BECKHAM LAW:
– Who qualifies for the so-called Beckham tax regime?
– Can a Spanish Nomad Visa holder apply for the so-called Beckham tax regime?
– When this special tax regime must be applied for?
BENEFITS FOR INVESTORS
The requirements for investors investing in start-ups that will not reside in Spain are simplified, as they will no longer require obtaining a foreigner identity number (NIE); and the company incorporation process is eased, and for specific cases, lower notary and registry fees would apply.
– How to set up my company through the new online system that Start-up Law provides?
– How to apply to NIF through this new system?
This new legal hub not only redefines the way legal services are delivered, it also provides value to its users by providing free access to publications explaining the changes brought by SUL. If you are interested in receiving the said publications, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org