Alongside challenging sales markets, UK and Spanish multinationals must comply with income and tax reporting obligations on their intra-group transactions. Companies that develop global tax structuring (transfer pricing and international tax) strategies will fare better, in optimising the pricing of their cross-border flows of goods, services, IP, and financing. Failing to do so can mean the over (or under) reporting of profits and taxes by certain group entities, tax adjustments and penalties, as well as brand and reputational damage.
In collaboration with the Spanish Chamber of Commerce, UK and Spain tax specialists from Chamber Member PKF Littlejohn will discuss topical cross-border tax issues and potential solutions for UK and Spanish multinationals.
The session will cover:
1. Transfer pricing insights
· What are the transfer pricing obligations of UK and Spanish multinationals
· How difficult economic conditions can impact the pricing of intra-group transactions
· How to manage the intra-group pricing of goods, services, IP, and financing
· Key benefits of a transfer pricing and tax reporting strategy
Speakers: Farhan Azeem, Jesus González Ruíz-Jarabo
2. International tax insights
· What creates or increases taxing rights on UK and Spanish multinationals
· How tax reporting outcomes are based on business models and employee presence
· How to manage tax residence and permanent establishment risks
· Key benefits of a business and tax aligned operating model
Speakers: Catherine Heyes, Jesus González Ruíz-Jarabo
Following the session there will be the opportunity for you to ask questions directly to the speaker.
Date & time: Tuesday 20th February, 10:30am – 11:30am GMT / 11:30am – 12:30pm CET
About the speakers:
Farhan Azeem is a Transfer Pricing Director in PKF Littlejohn UK, supporting sophisticated domestic and international businesses with transfer pricing planning, documentation and disputes across their global operations.
Catherine Heyes is Corporate Tax Partner at PKF Littlejohn, who helps business expand overseas, structure their operations and manage their compliance obligations.
Jesús González Ruíz-Jarabo is a Corporate and International Tax Partner at PKF Attest Spain who works with Spain inbound as well as Spain headquartered multinationals.
Farhan, Catherine and Jesus work closely with PKF Global, PKF’s international network of accountancy firms and local specialists, to design and implement transfer pricing policies and international tax structures in line with group management strategies and optimised business operating models.