The British Embassy in Madrid and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK warmly invite you to join us for a virtual event to which we will be convening two panel discussions on the topic of financing the transition to net-zero.
The format, topics of discussion and keynote speakers will be as follows:
Opening remarks to be given by the Vincent Keaveny, the Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London who is an international Ambassador for the UK’s financial and professional services sector, Nigel Topping, who is the High Level Champion for Climate Action COP26, and Eric Usher, Head of UNEP FI (United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative) and Net Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) Group Representative.
Panel session 1 – Update on the pan-sector transition planning framework developed by GFANZ and issued for consultation in June, and a drill down into banking specific issues highlighted in NZBA implementation guidance under development.
Opened by President of Spanish Chamber of Commerce Eduardo Barrachina and moderated by Vice President of AFI Ángel Berges Lobera.
- Tomo Ishikawa, Managing Director Head of Government & Regulatory Affairs for MUFG and NZBA Steering Group Representative
- Remco Fischer, Head of Climate at UNEP FI
- Alice Carr: Executive Director for Public Policy GFANZ
Panel session 2 – Update from key banks on the progress made since signing up to the NZBA.
Opened by Director General Spanish Banking Association, Maria Abascal, and moderated by Vice President of AFI Ángel Berges Lobera.
- BBVA: Antoni Ballabriga Torreguitart, Global Head of Responsible Business and NZBA Steering Group Representative
- Santander: Lara de Mesa, Global Head of Responsible Banking
- Standard Chartered: Tracey McDermott, Group Head, Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance and NZBA Steering Group Chair
This event is open to both members and non-members of the Spanish Chamber.
Date: Wednesday 5th October 2022, 09:30 – 11:30 BST/ 10:30 – 12:30 CEST.