Promoting gender diversity in organisations is not only the right thing to do, but also makes strong business sense. A diverse workforce is linked with greater levels of innovation, employee retention and customer satisfaction, as well as better decision making and improved financial performance.
Despite this, attaining the desired levels of gender diversity in many workplaces remains a challenging feat and women are frequently poorly represented on the executive boards of UK companies.
For this breakfast seminar, in the wake of International Women’s Day 2020 the Spanish Chamber of Commerce is delighted to be teaming up with Raquel Barrera, a Diversity & Inclusion consultant and founder of Chamber member Diversitas Institute. Raquel will be explaining and evaluating the current issues faced by women in the workplace today, the principal causes of inequality and the challenges and opportunities that arise in a gender diverse working environment.
The seminar will address the following key areas:
– Defining gender diversity
– Facts, figures and analysis of the current situation regarding women in the workplace in the UK.
– Key factors which lead to gender inequality at work
– The benefits of a gender diverse workplace
– What your company can do to attract and retain female talent
– What strategies do different companies have for ensuring a gender diverse workplace? Some top tips
After the presentation you will have the chance to ask any questions that you may have to the speaker, followed by an opportunity for networking with other guests and the event speakers over a light breakfast.
Where: The Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK | 126 Wigmore Street | London W1U 3RZ
Date: Tuesday 17th March 2020
9:45 – 10:00: Q&A
10:00-10:30: Breakfast & Networking