For the next edition of the Brexit & Beyond technical webinar series which aims to break down what Brexit means for different sectors and the key considerations for doing business with the UK post-Brexit, we are excited to be joined by senior guest speakers from HMRC.
As a part of the presentation, which will be divided into 3 sections, the guest speakers will address the following topics:
Exports, Imports and Postponed VAT Accounting
- Exports and dispatches
- Imports and acquisitions
- General introduction to Postponed VAT Accounting
- Using someone to import goods on your behalf and business / non-business imports
- Completing the VAT return and accessing the PVA statement
- Policy for consignments valued at £135 or under
VAT under the Northern Ireland Protocol
- Policy for GB-NI and NI-GB goods movements
- Policy for EU-NI and NI-EU supplies of goods
- XI VAT prefix
- Complex journeys – GB-EU via NI and EU-GB via NI
Date: Tuesday 27th April, 12:30 – 13:15 BST / 13:30 – 14:15 CEST
The guest speakers will be David Pruden (VAT Policy Lead for Postponed VAT Accounting), Will Perera (VAT Policy Advisor) and Phil Crawley (NI Delivery and Policy Advisor).
The discussion will be followed by a Q&A with the speakers. We therefore invite delegates to join the webinar with pre-prepared questions about the topics.